Laser Hair Removal After Care Instructions
Post Treatment Instructions:
- Immediately after the treatments, there should be redness and bumps at the
treatment area, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated
area to feel like the sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if
needed. If any crusting, apply antibiotic cream. Some physicians recommend
aloe vera gel or some other after sunburn treatment such as Destin. Darker
pigmented people may have more discomfort than lighter skin people and may
require the aloe vera gel or an antibiotic ointment longer.
- Makeup may be used after treatment unless there is epidermal blistering. It is
recommended to use mew makeup to reduce the possibility of infection. Just
make sure that you have moisturizer on under your makeup. In fact, moisturizer
will help the dead hair exfoliate from the follicle, so use moisturizer frequently
and freely on the treated area. Any moisturizer without alpha-hydroxy acids will
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots for 2 months. Use
sunscreen SPF 30 or higher at all times throughout the treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. DO NOT USE any other hair
removal methods or products on the treated area during the course of your laser
treatments except shaving, as it will prevent you from achieving your best results.
- You may take a warm but not hot shower after the laser treatments, and use soap, deodorant, etc. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. The skin should be patted dry
and Not rubbed. You may apply deodorant after 24 hours.
- Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur and
this may appear as new hair growth. This is not new hair growth, but dead hair
pushing its way out of the follicle. You can help the hair exfoliate by washing or
wiping with a washcloth.
- Hair re-growth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair
growth will not occur for at least three weeks after treatment.
- Call your physician’s office with any questions or concerns you may have after
Please Note Stubbles, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will
appear within 10-20 days from the treatment date. This is normal and will fall out