This laser is the fastest of all the laser types. It is good for treating larger body areas among patients who are of light-to-olive complexion. It is one of the most widely used hairs removal lasers.
Which is Fitzpatrick Skin Type the Alexandrite laser suitable for?
- This laser is suitable for light skin tones. It is ideal for those with skin type I.
What are the advantages of Alexandrite laser hair removal?
- It has a very good skin penetration rate
- It is known to be effective in finer, thinner hairs that other lasers are not effective with.
- It is very effective for white skin tones.
What are the side effects of Alexandrite laser hair removal?
- It may cause pigment changes (darkening or lightening) of the skin.
- It is not that suitable for darker skin tones.
What are the different types of Alexandrite Laser Devices available?
- The popular alexandrite laser devices available in the markets are: Apogee, GentleLASE, and EpiTouch Plus.
Alexandrite lasers can be the fastest laser hair removal systems. But they are usually not recommended for any skin tone other than a very light skin tone.