Your appointment is coming up and you need a reminder on how to prepare for an EMatrix treatment?
We got you! First, let's remember that EMatrix treatment is a type of skin resurfacing treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production and improve the texture and appearance of the skin. Here are some tips to prepare for the treatment:
- Consult with a licensed skincare professional: Before undergoing any skin treatment, it's important to consult with a licensed skincare professional to ensure that it's safe and appropriate for your skin type and concerns. If you are coming to us before having a treatment you will have a complimentary Consultation to go over all important information.
- Avoid sun exposure: You should avoid sun exposure and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen for at least two weeks before your treatment. Sun exposure can increase the risk of complications and may affect the results of the treatment.
- Avoid antibiotics or medications that have photosensitivity as a side effect two weeks before any treatment.
- Avoid certain skincare products: Avoid using products that contain alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), retinoids, or any other active ingredients that may cause skin irritation or sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Cleanse your skin: Make sure to cleanse your skin thoroughly before the treatment to remove any makeup, dirt, or oil that may be on your skin.
- Arrive with a clean face: Make sure to arrive for your appointment with a clean face, free of any makeup or skincare products.
- Manage your expectations: It's important to have realistic expectations about the results of the treatment. Your skincare professional will be able to discuss the potential benefits and risks of the treatment with you.
- Follow post-treatment instructions: After the treatment, you may experience some redness, swelling, and peeling. Follow your skincare professional's post-treatment instructions carefully to ensure optimal results and to prevent any complications.
Another fun tip is to wash your hair right before your treatment since you will not be able to wash it for two days after the session. It seems like a lot to follow, but as you go on you will get more familiar with the protocols and it will become easier to follow them. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us at the location.