THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR YOUR NEXT LASER HAIR REMOVAL APPOINTMENT
LASER VS SHAVING VS WAXING
Laser hair removal is a little more of an initial investment. However, it is much more cost effective than shaving and waxing in the long term. Shaving and waxing cause hair growing thicker and faster. Laser hair removal makes your hair finer and grow slower, also it’s the only way to treat ingrown hair caused by shaving and waxing.
AM I A CANDIDATE TO DO LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
- Grey, white, blonde and red hair cannot be treated with the laser, and only dark hair will have good results. Very fine hair will not be treated (peach fuzz). In many cases, this can result in stimulating more hair growth.
- Results depend on the color and thickness of your hair, as well as your skin tone. We treat all skin tones.
WHY ARE MY RESULTS DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Results and amount of sessions depend on 1. the contrast of your skin and hair color; 2. Your ethnic background and family history. 3. Hormonal level for areas.
IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL PERMANENT?
It is permanent hair reduction. For some people can reach closed to 99% hair reduction. Usually you will have up to 85% hair reduction after a series of recommended sessions. After that we offer touch ups. Hormonal changes can affect future hair growth.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I NEED? HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO COME BACK?
- For body area, most people need at least 6 treatments. It depends on how much hair do you have and if you have ingrown hair. The sessions are spaced 5-6 weeks apart depending on the area and individual.
For face area, most people need at least 8 treatments. If you or your family have experienced hormonal problems, you will need more sessions to reach an ideal result. The sessions are spaced 4-5 weeks apart depending on the area and individual.
- For best results, laser hair removal treatments must be scheduled no more than 5-6 weeks apart. If you do not adhere to the recommended schedule, it will affect the long term results negatively.
- Six sessions will not remove all of the hair, and additional sessions may be required depending on the individual.
CAN ALL AREAS BE TREATED?
Eyebrows are not treatable because they are too closed to your eyes. We treat all other areas including eyebrow center.
DOES IT HURT?
Different machines will give you different level of pain and different effects. The high power laser machines give you better effects but it is painful without cooling. When the client cannot bear the pain during the treatment, all of what a technician can do is reduce the power of the laser, which will influence the results. It ease the pain but reduce effectiveness. At Satori Laser, we only use high power CANDELA laser machines, equipped with the cryogen cooling system which lowers the temperature to -358F. It feels like rubber band during treatments. If you need to use numbing cream, please consult with a doctor or pharmacies for the best type of numbing cream that’s suitable for your own needs.
CAN I DO LASER IF I HAVE TATTOOS?
Areas with tattoos will be avoided during treatment.
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
- NO tanning of any form, including tanning beds and/or self-tanners, for at least 3 week prior to your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 3 weeks prior to your treatment. Failure to do so may cause scarring and/or hyper pigmentation. Sun exposure will affect the results and can possibly cause scarring, hyper pigmentation, and laser burns which can possibly be permanent.
- No tweezing, threading, waxing, epilating, bleaching or usage of Nair for at least 3 weeks prior to your treatment.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned, left with no makeup, deodorant, lotions, creams, antiperspirants etc.
- Unless otherwise stated by technician, SHAVE the areas to be treated the night before or morning of your appointment.
- Revise medication history with technician before treatment. If you are on strong medications, please consult with your doctor if you can do laser hair removal. Reschedule your appointment if needed.
- If possible, exfoliate the area to remove any dead skin cells on the surface and it will help along the natural shedding process. The laser treatments will penetrate deeper and be more effective when there are no residual cells on the surface.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
- Use Aloe Vera gel within the first 2 hours of treatment to reduce redness and mild discomfort.
- Avoid deodorant and/or makeup for 24 hours if underarms and/or face were treated.
- Avoid any activity that may elevate body temperature, such as any forms of exercises, hot baths, Saunas, Jacuzzis etc, for 24 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks. If you get sun exposure after 2 weeks, wait for at least 3 additional weeks after your trip. No tanning beds or self-tanners. Wearing broad spectrum SPF 50 and covering the area.
- Do not use any form of exfoliation on the treated area until the hair starts to fall out.
- You may only shave between sessions. Do not use any other forms of hair removal, such as waxing, electrolysis, tweezing etc.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
We highly recommend you to book an appointment to reserve time slots for your treatments. Please CONFIRM with us otherwise the appointment time is not guaranteed. Once an appointment is made, we will email you 2 days prior to your appointment day. If we don’t receive your confirmation, we make a courtesy call in 24 hours to remind you. Please add our email address to your contacts to avoid the reminder going spam.
NO SHOW / LATE POLICY
Please understand that since this is a one-on-one service, we put in a lot of our effort into reserving your appointment. It pressures us when we can not fully utilize our time to serve our customers. Please inform us 24-hours in advance if you need to change or cancel your appointment. If more than one occasion of no show, you will no longer receive priority over appointment times. After two missed appointments, 45% of the regular price no show fee will apply; you will only be able to do walk-ins to check whether or not we have any available time slots for that day. Subject to forfeit any life time guarantee.
Late arrivals for more than 6 minutes will automatically put on waiting list. We may have to deduct the delayed time from your session or reschedule your appointment, as a late arrival will delay the next client’s appointment. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your appointment to have some water/coffee and get ready. If a situation arises and the store is closed when you arrive, we promise a complimentary treatment of the same area(s).